Treatment for Sleep Apnea in Castle Rock, CO
At Prairie Hawk Dental we are dedicated to supplying the people of Castle Rock with the highest available treatments and preventative care needed to make your dental experience as blissful as possible. To make our goal possible we offer amazing preventative and restorative options, and most recently, sleep apnea treatments. If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea or believe that you could be suffering from sleep apnea, our VIVOSⓇ system is something for you.
Before the new VIVOS system sleep apnea was treated with a lifetime of every night use of a CPAP machine to help clear airways when sleeping. Sleep apnea is caused by a blockage of the airway due to the underdevelopment of the upper and lower jaw, this blockage makes it hard to breathe when sleeping. Instead of having to suffer through a lifetime of using machines to help you breathe, you can permanently make the changes to ensure you have a peaceful and healthy sleep.
With the new VIVOS DNA appliance, (daytime-nighttime appliance), permanent correction of the upper and lower jaw just became possible. This appliance works similarly to that of braces, by applying steady pressure against your upper jaw causing your teeth to slightly move to open your airway.
DNA Appliance Benefits
Here are some benefits to using the DNA appliance:
- Similar structure to the orthodontic retainer, making the appliance comfortable and easy to wear.
- The appliance only has to be worn in the evening and at night from anywhere from 12-24 months to recreate the structure of your airway.
- A non-surgical and non-invasive way to help you start breathing better while sleeping.
- Due to its expanding of the palate, it improves facial structure naturally helping the alignment of your teeth giving more confidence in your smile.
- It permanently changes the structure of the airway and is completely customized to your mouth.
If you suffer from sleep apnea or believe that you could have it, please don’t hesitate to give us a call! Having a normal and peaceful night’s sleep is essential to everyday life, take advantage of this new technology specifically designed to help you!