[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Having toothache pain can be a difficult time in someone’s life. Not only is it painful, but many patients may also worry about the potential damage caused and what solutions they may need to undergo to fix it. At Prairie Hawk Dental in Castle Rock, Colorado, we understand that toothache pain can be scary. We are here to help you along the way. Below we discuss a few reasons you may have a toothache and a few solutions to fix the problem. What do you do if you have toothache pain?
For more information on how to repair your toothache, call our office today. We look forward to hearing from you.
What Can Cause a Toothache?
Several things can cause a toothache. From tooth decay to something stuck between your teeth, a toothache can have many origins. Below we will discuss a few potential causes.
- Tooth Decay: One reason for toothache is decay. Decay can happen if bacteria attach to your teeth and start forming an acid that breaks down your tooth. First, your tooth’s protective layer, the enamel, wears away. Then the other layers wear away, which exposes the center of the tooth to different elements. The center of the tooth has nerves and blood vessels that can quickly become sore when exposed.
- Infected Tooth: Just like above, when the center of the tooth becomes exposed to elements, it can hurt. It can also become infected. Swelling can form around the tooth’s gum line, called an abscess.
- Broken Tooth: If you have a deep break into the tooth, it can reach the center of the tooth, exposing the sensitive nerves.
- Something Stuck Between Your Teeth: A piece of food or other object stuck between your teeth can cause pain to your teeth.
- Infected Gums: Periodontal disease, or gum disease, occurs when bacteria sticks to your gums and eats away at the surface of the gums. A deep break can reach the nerves and blood vessels, causing pain.
How to fix a Toothache Pain in Castle Rock, Colorado
If you live in or around Castle Rock, Colorado, our team at Prairie Hawk Dental is here to help repair your toothache. From dental implants to bonding to fillings, we have the tools to help you. Below are a few of the ways that Prairie Hawk Dental can restore your smile.
If you have decay, first, your dentist will clean out the decay with a small drill because it can spread to other teeth or gums, causing more problems. Once the dentist removes the decay, your dentist will replace the cavity with a filling made of composite resin.
Dental bonding is for a toothache caused by a broken tooth. Dental bonding is like a dental filling, but instead of filling a tooth’s area inside the biting surface, it serves in the outside shell of the tooth. Your dentist will form the composite resin to your liking.
For extensive decay or a dental break, your dentist may recommend a dental crown. For a dental crown, your dentist will remove the outside layers of the tooth. Then they will place a cap over the tooth, which is the crown. A dental crown is made of porcelain material and is durable and stain-resistant.
If you had a tooth extraction because of a break, decay, or infection, your dentist might recommend a dental implant. A dental implant replaces the entire tooth from the tooth’s crown to its root. Dental implants consist of titanium, a strong material that can last a lifetime if taken care of well.
A toothache can be a troublesome experience for many patients. At Prairie Hawk Dental, we are here to help you improve your oral health. For more information or if you have a toothache, call our office today. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]